“By designing, developing and improving the data infrastructures and connections, you support our customers and our data consultants to make fact-based decisions.”
How do you set up a well-organised and secure data infrastructure? Or how do you set up data flows in a cloud environment? Or how do you manage information security? These are typical data questions that we face in our supply chain projects and solutions. And that is why our data engineers are so important for our business.
You help us to manage huge amounts of data, you can set up the pipelines, you can take care of structured and unstructured storage of data and you help us to optimize source control and release management. So that we can develop and implement tools that support production, distribution, sales, or online processes.
You will work within our analytics team. A mixed team that complements each other and constantly takes on new challenges to get the most out of the team, yourself (and the data).
Working at BigMile
Join in! BigMile is a start-up with a software platform that helps companies to reach the European emission goals in 2030 (55% reduction) and 2050 (100% emission-free). Together with our young team we are constantly looking for new innovating ways to help companies and governments reach these goals.
We enjoy challenges, the harder the better and go for the best result!
You have a passion for data and IT infrastructures. Your above-average study results show your ambition to develop in the supply chain world. You have the guts and are a go-getter: you will continue until you find the right solution. You also are flexible (you like traveling and a changing workplace) and have a great sense of humour.
In addition, as a data engineer you are:
- capable of explaining complex processes easily.
- curious; you always want to know exactly how it works.
- analytically strong; you draw the right conclusions from a whole series of numbers and variables.
Your basis consists of:
- a completed Bachelor or Master’s degree in an IT related study such as Business Information Technology, Data Science, or Computer Science
- knowledge of Database Management, advanced SQL, Microsoft Azure, CI/CD and/or Python
- you want to work in an agile environment
- excellent proficiency of both Dutch and English
- optionally work experience in supply chain, logistics or IT gained during or after your studies is an advantage.
What do you get from us?
Within BigMile, you are part of a warm and inspiring environment. We complement hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports outings and a weekend trip with the whole company once every two years. A good work-life balance is our priority.
And you also get:
- a salary in line with the market with the possibility to grow quickly
- participation in the Development Program (coaching and training)
- possibility to work from home
- 26 vacation days
- smartphone, laptop and a mobility arrangement
Want to apply?
Because of our growth we continuously look for talent!
Do you think you are the one we are looking for? Send your resume and motivation to email@example.com and we are happy to meet with you to discuss the possibilities!