“By turning data into valuable information, you support customers in making the right decision in the supply chain”
How do you map an entire supply chain from production to customer? Or how do you support scenario planning to make fact-based decisions? Example resources that are part of solving supply chain issues for various industries. As a Data Analyst at BigMile you design these decision support models: the basis for optimization of processes.
From day one you are a part of the team. You help clarify new features and advise on which function to take. This starts with careful analysis. You map all variables, collect relevant data, and convert this into graphs and tables. Your recommendation forms the basis for calculation models with which BigMile processes can be optimized.
You will work within our analytics team. A mixed team that complements each other and constantly takes on new challenges to get the most out of the team, yourself (and the data).
Working at BigMile
Join in! BigMile is a start-up with a software platform that helps companies to reach the European emission goals in 2030 (55% reduction) and 2050 (100% emission-free). Together with our young team we are constantly looking for new innovating ways to help companies and governments reach these goals.
We enjoy challenges, the harder the better and go for the best result!
You have affinity with calculation and interpreting data. You find nothing more fun than drawing conclusions from data and converting them into a tool or dashboard. You have affinity with programming, for example from your study program or because you used to build websites. You are critical, accurate and show courage: you like to create your own possibilities. Furthermore, you are also flexible (you love traveling and a changing workplace) and are in possession of a great sense of humour.
In addition, as a Data Analyst you are:
- analytical; you draw the right conclusions from a whole series of numbers and variables.
- creative; you view everything from a slightly different angle.
- a tad stubborn; you think ahead further than necessary and give unsolicited advice.
Your basis consists of:
- a completed Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics or IT-related study
- knowledge of Qlik, PowerBI, Advanced SQL, Microsoft Azure, Python and/or R
- excellent proficiency of both Dutch and English
- some work experience in supply chain, logistics or ICT gained during or after your studies is an advantage.
- interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence
What do you get from us?
Within BigMile, you are part of a warm and inspiring environment. We complement hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports outings and a weekend trip with the whole company once every two years. A good work-life balance is our priority.
And then you also get:
- a salary in line with the market with the possibility to grow quickly
- participation in our Development Program (coaching and training)
- possibility to work from home
- 26 vacation days
- smartphone, laptop, and a mobility arrangement
Want to apply?
Because of our growth we continuously look for talent!
Have you already decided that you can’t wait to meet our supply chain experts? Mail your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org directed to Irene Grave. You will receive a first response within 3 working days.